The LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce would like to announce our Chair-Elect, Charles Bassett of the L&R Group of Companies. Bassett will come into his term this summer to sit at the helm of the LAX Coastal Chamber for the 2016-2017 fiscal year. Excited about his upcoming position, Bassett is already working hard with our Board of Directors and current LAX Coastal leadership, Kristen Lonner of Burns & Bouchard and Keith Greville of Arup, to help our organization change for the better. We are happy to have you, Charles!
Mr. Charles Bassett serves as the Chief Strategic Development Officer for the L&R Group of Companies. Mr. Bassett is responsible for the oversight and expansion of the company’s strategic development efforts through identifying existing and new opportunities that drive revenue and business growth through key strategic partnerships with airport authorities, parking/real estate associations, businesses, communities, and governmental organizations on a local, state and national level.
Mr. Bassett previously served as the President of L&R’s WallyPark division and has over 25 years of hands-on and executive level experience in all aspects of the business. Mr. Bassett spent the last 20 years of his career building the WallyPark division from a single location to a highly recognized national brand that specializes in airport related parking and transportation services in 10 states. With his extensive knowledge of the parking business, he has been greatly responsible for business acquisitions and start-ups at major national airports for over two decades. His dedication, passion and knowledge of the industry are greatly recognized by officials from major airports across the country. Mr. Bassett has extensive ties to various projects at airports including: Los Angeles International Airport, Oakland International Airport, McCarran International Airport, Denver International Airport, SeaTac International Airport, Atlanta Hartsfield- Jackson International Airport, John F. Kennedy International Airport, Newark International Airport and other major airports.
- Pepperdine University, The George L. Graziadio School of Business and Management, Presidential and Key Executive MBA
- Pepperdine University, The George L. Graziadio School of Business and Management, Bachelor of Science, Business Management
- Pepperdine University, The George L. Graziadio School of Business and Management, Private Capital Markets Certification
- Loyola Marymount University, Leadership Training Certification
- University of California, Los Angeles, Information Technology Certification
- International Kiwanis Foundation, Member (Former Scholarship Committee Chairman & Board Member)
- Gateway to Los Angeles Property Improvement District, Vice President & Executive Board Member
- LAX Costal Area Chamber of Commerce, Treasurer & Executive Board Member
- National Parking Association (NPA), Member
- International Parking Institute (IPI), Member
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE), Member
- Airport Council International (ACI), Member
- Airport Ground Transportation Association (AGTA), Member
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), Member
- Global Business Travel Association (GBTA), Member