The LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce is proud to announce the release of their 2017-2018 Annual Report, highlighting their most successful year in recent history and the reason behind their recent jump to 15th ranking as a Chamber of Commerce in the Los Angeles Business Journal (ranked by annual budget). This publication also highlights the Chamber’s 65th year as the strongest voice for business within their local community.
The Annual Report covers events, statistics, and events for the LAX Coastal Chamber from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018, and features key points such as:
- The LAX Coastal Chamber boasts 535+ members
- Members of the LAX Coastal Chamber are responsible for creating over 54,000 local jobs
- The Chamber’s highest revenue generating special event was their Installation Awards Gala, raising over $48,403 net profit
- The Chamber hosted over 100+ events throughout the 2017-2018 year
- The Chamber started 5 new initiatives, including (but not limited to) Workforce Improvement Trainings (WIT) and the LAX Coastal Education Foundation (LAXCEF)
- The Chamber’s budget saw a 10.1% increase from the previous year, with 43% of said income coming from programming
This year’s report also includes a complete list of the Chamber’s 32-person Board of Directors, with a special message from current Chair, Ryan Gales of Jenkins/Gales & Martinez, and highlights the Chamber’s list of Corporate Partners, members who have contributed $1,100+ to the Chamber over the previous year. The Chamber’s highest donors for the 2017-2018 year were Los Angeles World Airports, Drollinger Properties, Loyola Marymount University, United Airlines, and Parsons Corporation.
The Annual Report ends with a quote from Chamber President/CEO, Christina Davis. “When I look at our members, do you know what I see? Wonderful people who want to give back and make our community a more vibrant place. We really are more than just a Chamber of Commerce, and I am proud to be at its helm.”