Leadership is important. The type of leadership you have has a direct influence on the success of your company, and the LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce boasts some of the best. Whether you’re a small business, large corporation, or nonprofit—like the chamber—your growth relies on the strength and dedication of those in charge; and that is why the LAX Coastal Chamber is proud to announce their 2018-2019 Leadership.
On Friday, June 15, the LAX Coastal Chamber headed to the top floor of the picturesque Marina del Rey Marriott Hotel to celebrate their sold-out Installation Awards Gala. It was an evening of celebrating at the Chairman’s Lounge as they thanked outgoing Chair Liz Hall of the Inn at Playa del Rey, Honorary Mayor Garrett Smith of Communications A La Carte, and their 2017-2018 Board of Directions. As a thank you for a successful year, both Hall and Smith presented awards to the individuals and companies that helped them thrive, such as the Distinguished Partner Award: Southwest Airlines, Corporate Partner of the Year: Parsons, and Jim Bunch Spirit Award: Mike Harriel of SoCalGas.
Special guest Supervisor Janice Hahn joined the Chamber as their Installing Officer. Taking the stage, she praised the Chamber’s dedication to the community before welcoming the 2018-2019 Leadership, Chair Ryan Gales of Jenkins/Gales & Martinez, Honorary Mayor Cozette Vergari of Vergari & Napolitano, and their Board of Directors. This year’s board includes representatives from such local pillars as Google, LAWA, Kaiser Permanente, Cedars-Sinai, and Fluor.
To continue the festivities, the Chamber also congratulated their 11th graduating class of the LAX Coastal Leadership Academy. After 9 months of leadership training—paired with gaining knowledge of the people and places that make up the LAX Coastal region—each graduate was presented with a certificate of completion, credits from Loyola Marymount University, and a sense of pride. To demonstrate the success of the program, Leadership Academy facilitator Kevin Walsh of Global Community Enrichment asked every graduate in the room to stand up to a wave of applause.
As an organization that has been working toward the betterment of this community since 1953, the LAX Coastal Chamber would like to extend a heartfelt “Thank You!” to local businesses, professionals, and residents for allowing them to serve such an amazing neighborhood. Here’s to another 65+ years of success!
2018-19 LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce Leadership
- Ryan Gales, Jenkins/Gales & Martinez, Chair
- Cozette Vergari, Vergari & Napolitano, Honorary Mayor
- Liz Hall, Inn at Playa del Rey, Immediate Past Chair
- Andrew Chereck, Bryan Cave
- Alexandra Dumas, Google
- Thomas Flintoft, Kindel Gagan Inc.
- Jon Graff, Reason Foundation
- Anthony Kirby, Arup
- Rae Lamothe, Golding & Lamothe
- David Voss, Jr., Voss, Silverman & Braybrooke, LLP
Board of Directors
- Ed Apodoca, Westin LAX
- Charles Bassett, Wallypark
- Karl Brooks, KRB Construction / KRB Flood & Fire
- Patrick Callaway, Southwest Airlines
- Maria Canchola, Hollywood Park Casino
- Trevor Daley, Los Angeles World Airports
- Lissa Dye, Pacifica Hotels
- Tracy Fietz, Kaiser Permanente
- Gabriela Flores, Cedars-Sinai
- Kayla Friedman-Barb, Paychex
- Terry Gohde, Fluor
- Mike Harriel, SoCalGas
- Kelly King, Villa del Mar Apartments & Marina
- Cody Koopmann, Drollinger Properties
- Todd LaPlante, CBRE
- Jonathan Lonner, Burns & Bouchard
- Rashmi Menon, Parsons
- Tony Palermo, Tony P’s Dockside Grill
- José Quintanilla, Ameriprise Financial
- Matthew Swanlund, Aesthetic Legal
- Tara Taylor, Dickerson Employee Benefits
- Ronn Tokuyama, SmarteCarte Inc
- Grace Yao, Loyola Marymount University
- Stephanie Younger, Stephanie Younger Group | Compass
The LAX Coastal Chamber would also like to once again recognize the sponsors that made the 2018 Installation Awards Gala possible.
- Monte Carlo Sponsor: Kaiser Permanente, Southwest Airlines
- High Stakes Sponsor: Dickerson Employee Benefits, Drollinger Family Charitable Foundation, Hollywood Park Casino, Kindel Gagan, L&R Group of Companies, Los Angeles World Airports, Mercury Air Group
- All In Sponsor: Arup, Cedars-Sinai, Inn at Playa del Rey, Jenkins/Gales & Martinez, Loyola Marymount University, Marina del Rey Convention & Visitors Bureau, Pacifica Hotels, Parsons, SoCalGas, Stephanie Younger Group | Compass, TWE Solutions