Workforce Improvement Trainings
The LAX Coastal Chamber initiated the WIT (Workforce Improvement Training) program in order to advance two main objectives in its mission: to provide member services and educational programs to its vast member base. The goal of these trainings is to offer relevant, skill-building courses at a significantly reduced price (thanks to a contract with the California State ETP, an agency that subsidizes trainings for companies that qualify).
It’s important for companies to constantly stay sharp and find ways to build trust and cohesion within their workforce. Many of our trainings are designed to help companies increase teamwork, reduce misunderstandings & conflict, lead and manage others more effectively, and feel more competent and content in their positions. To do this, we are happy to partner with the Employee Engagement services company, Woodhill Solutions, to facilitate our WIT trainings.
Each WIT training is either hosted at the Chamber office for all to enjoy, or hosted on-site at the client’s office for more individualized attention. For upcoming trainings, please see Upcoming Events below or visit the Chamber’s Networking Calendar.
Please contact the LAX Coastal Chamber for more information, or to discuss any needs that can be met through our training program.
WIT is hosted by the LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Woodhill Solutions. This program leverages financial support from the State of California ETP (Employment Training Panel), enabling the Chamber to provide valuable trainings at a greatly reduced cost.
Participants may be eligible to receive full or partial rebates for training cost if they qualify for ETP program. This California State program exists for for-profit companies only. Trainee must complete Certification Statement (1 per company) and be retained with their company for 90-days after training date to qualify.
To learn more about State of California ETP, click here. For additional questions, please contact the LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT TRAINING SERIES
- Starting September 27, 2018
- Chamber Office
- The most effective ways to network…even if you are an introvert
- A referral plan that is active and intentional
- Strategies to leverage your LinkedIn account to get clients and more business
- How to enhance your Brand and Message
This series will discuss the following topics:
- September 27, Foundations of Business Development
- October 11, Take the WORK Out of Networking
- October 25, Leveraging LinkedIn to Increase Business
- November 8, Using Your Likeability to Get Great Referrals
To learn more about individual session topics, click on the links above.
This event offered on behalf of the LAX Coastal Chamber’s newest program, WIT – Workforce Improvement Trainings, hosted in partnership with Woodhill Solutions. The program leverages financial support from the State of California ETP (Employment Training Panel), enabling the Chamber to provide valuable trainings at a greatly reduced cost.
Special Event - Customer Service Training
- Friday, September 28, 2018
- 8 AM - 4:30 PM
- Chamber Office
Every employee in your organization serves the customer and has a direct impact on your bottom line. From the front desk to the accounting department, every interaction with a customer is an opportunity to build loyalty and your brand.
Attendees of this training session will come away more confident in developing lasting customer relationships and be more engaged in their role, leading to a higher return on your investment.
- Motivated employees leading to lower turnover
- Increased employee confidence in their performance
- Revenue growth through customer retention
- Boost in your reputation
- Minimized customer acquisition costs
Takeaways for Participants:
- Response to customer issues with greater empathy and respect
- Better fluency in representing your company
- Greater understanding of why people buy your products and services
- Tools to deal with difficult people
- Establish credibility and likeability so people want to continue to do business with you
$199/Members | $249/Not-Yet Members | Early Bird Discount/$50 off before August 31, 2018
CA State ETP Rebate Available. Most companies will qualify for a rebate of between $60 and $104 after meeting CA State requirements.